..to figure out that I might be able to use Arches Cover paper to make a ….cover! So, in the lower left of the photo is the front cover for one of my Every Angel Is Terrifying books, made out of board and Arches Cover white. I am really pleased how elegant looking it came out. If I don’t mess up the rest of the process, I hope to have a neat looking book.
This afternoon I worked on two book projects. This one and finishing the book of
pinhole photos I am making for our upcoming group exhibit. Since the exhibit is in one of the buildings from the pinhole portfolio, I put it on the cover. The pages for the book are in the book clamp shown in the right lower corner. I am using the Peter Baumgartner method of gluing the spine with white glue. I don’t think that is usually done when making Japanese stab binding books, but I like it because it keeps the pages neatly together when sewing the binding.
I even was extra careful when measuring the placement of the holes for the binding, and think I got it pretty well this time. A couple of things about the photos here. The perspective is a little skewed in most of them, and I did not bother to correct that, the Every Angel… book is about 9×11.5 inches and the other one [the Kraft paper one] is about 8.2×10.25 inches. The pages in the pinhole book are printed on Strathmore Drawing sheets. For some reason some strange blue and yellowish areas sneaked into the photos that really aren’t there. So, please regard these illustrations as approximations of the real thing.