There are a whole bunch of things I want to write about today, but I know I am not going to get around to it. One reason is that I am going to work on putting together a ‘ corrected’ version of this folio shown here. I made that out of a stiff piece of watercolor paper, knowing that I would probably make several mistakes along the way, but I have to do it this way, work out the idea, learn from my mistakes and then do the ‘real’ thing. What I am working on is making a slip-case for the pinhole prints I have been showing. I will be printing them on heavy 8.5×11 inch Moab Entrada and present them in this type of case as a folio.
I am starting with a piece of 18.5×12.17 inch watercolor paper. I bought a niece piece of Arches paper. Unfortunately they did not have the real heavy stuff I wanted which was Arches 300lb(640gsm), 22″ x 30″, Hot Press. So, I am making do with the 140lb paper.
Putting the whole thing together does not really take that much time, but I do want to emboss around the title image, and have to run down to Arts Center to that on their printing press. So, it will probably be a couple days before I finish!
The way things have progressed so far, I am not getting around to doing any of this today. So, I think it will be a while. I will take some photos of the process to enable those of you who might be interested, to follow along.
This morning I did menage to get out and do another pinhole paper negative. This one was really tricky. Much of the building was in the shade, and the main part was obstructed by a bush right in front of me. I ended up doing a 75 second expsosure. The negative has very little detail in the shadows, but I was able to pull out a lot of it in Photoshop.