…that will bore you to tears unless you are really interested in doing Cyanotype prints. Despite what I said in the previous post, I got around to making two more prints today – and by the way, the OHP Transparency Film from Freestyle photo arrived today. I think I ordered it only a couple of days ago, boy they have gotten to be FAST! Anyhow, I had a couple of sheets of Arches paper laying around, so I decided to do two exposures, using the same portrait negative. I had previously exposed it for 4 minutes 30 seconds in the UV unit and thought it might look a little better with only a four minute exposure. So I mixed a cap full of Solution A, and a cap full of Solution B, knowing that it would give me enough liquid to coat the two sheets of paper. I first coated the 140 lb HP Arches paper, and then the 90 lb HP Arches paper. They dried rather quickly and I went ahead and loaded them into the contact printing frame:
exposed them 4:00 minutes, one after the other
and developed them, first in straight white vinegar:
and then in water:
My point is that, if you look closely at the first photo, you will see that the print on the right is slightly more saturated than the one on the left. The one on the left was made with 140 lb Arches paper, and the one on the right with 90 lb paper. Conclusion – the 90 lb paper produces prints that are slightly more saturated than the 140 lb paper. Unless of course, I left the 90 lb paper in the vinegar longer than the 140 lb paper and that somehow resulted in the more saturated print. Ha!!!!!